Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The search continues...

I spent most of yesterday either changing diapers, or wrestling with Flash Develop (mentioned in my previous post). I followed some steps in various tutorials, but I couldn't get a simple project to compile, even when I used one of the out-of-the-box project templates. Probably with a little more time I could get it to work (after all, others use it), but I don't have the patience for it right now, so I've decided to pursue alternatives.

Not sure which I will ultimately choose, but I've identified two promising tools built on top of the MS Visual Studio IDE: CodeDrive and Amethyst . A third altenative is FDT , which is built on top of Eclipse, just like Flash Builder.

I hope I find something I like soon. I had hoped to spend my weekend working on apps, but this has been a setback for me.

No comments: